28/72 and burning an odd mix of black locust and cottonwood, just to get rid of it. Snow is moving in around midnight, so tomorrow’s commute to...
That’s dedication :thumbs:
Wow. You did a heck of a job there bringing the story to life with imagery and crafty wordsmithing :thumbs: :rofl: :lol:
This is the first time I’m hearing of the boxelder bugs. Guess I’ll be finding out firsthand in a few years when all the boxelder seeds I threw in...
X2. About 18" is the largest I've ever come across. They're extremely slow growing and shade-intolerant like black locust is. I think they were...
27 at home this morning. I got the stove fired up with a mix of black locust, apple, and a small bucket full of (untreated!) 2x3 lumber scraps,...
Yeah typically our daytime highs rise above freezing, so we don’t get the ice buildup you guys do. Some especially warm years it doesn’t even get...
It’s definitely been a mixed bag here. November-December was an extended shoulder season. January up to mid February brought real winter with a...
Most of my piles have tarps on the top, which faired okay. They were weighted down pretty well. I have corrugated plastic roof panels on a couple...
Yep, that definitely looks like black locust from where I'm sitting :yes:
29 and holding steady for the overnight. Red oak and red maple shorties up to bat tonight. I just brought in 3 wheelbarrow loads of spruce, as the...
I cut all these on my table saw. Starting out with scrounged logs, I use the chainsaw to cut them roughly to length. Then I split them down the...
Alright, I’ve got a nice stack of chestnut boards milled to a consistent 15” length, mostly 2” width but a bunch of 3” and a handful of 2.5” Some...
Bright sunny and 19 here. The stove is chewing through some apple and mulberry shorts/uglies this morning.
Back to reality. The 57 degrees we had this morning is now 31, which will continue to fall to the upper teens by the morning. Beech and apple...
Not to brag but I’m getting good at spotting these long-dead trunks in the woods :) All I do is carry a knife on me, peel back the weathered...
Nice beech :yes: My wife texted me about some limbs that fell in our yard this morning. It’s from our next door neighbor’s dead Ash that...
With prices on everything being as they are, and my pay not growing exponentially to keep up, I'll be driving used gas vehicles for the...
On the one hand it's an uneasy feeling seeing more than half your supply gone. One the other hand, it says that all the hard work was worth it.
3 years sounds about right for a battery, unless you enjoy living on the edge and would rather be changing it when it's 5 below outside and you're...