http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/03/3117901/epa-wood-stoves/
Well I hate to tell you the bad news but wood burners are dirty, (not us the stoves) LOL.
We are not being targeted but if you choose to think so thats fine.
I can post the link but it just going to turn into a "global warming BS thread".
Do you guys really want to go there, even clean burning practices and EPA stoves are "dirty" compared to propane and natural gas. I can post the...
Scotty not sure what your point is, they are trying to reduce soot pollution accross the board and the wood stoves are part of it. I was not...
Well its just part of the EPA's attempt to reduce soot pollution which they say wood burners are 13% of all soot pollution in the US. Welcome to...
It's all about the numbers.
Sooooo you actually think you can make it idiot proof, EPA will sell us good dry wood? Can not take the human element out of wood burning.
"Doesn't seem like that would pass EPA tests?" Thats an interesting question, How about not turning it down that far as he is doing. You want the...
If thats Silver Maple that will be plenty dry.
Plenty of wood left but with the cold going well into infinity I will be cutting more this spring then the last several years.
"What so often happens with old schooled wood burners when they get a modern EPA stove is they try and burn the same old wet wood in them that...
Watching the threads on other forums I have come to the conclusion that- I am one of the very few who had an older stove that burnt clean(cleaned...
I just use the lipton large tea bags for ice tea and pour boiling water on the bags for no more then about 15 minutes (wife used to let it set...
Reading posts about "how bad the old stove were and had to clean the chimney every 2 weeks and worried about it all the time", just goes to show...
"The Keystone on the same chimney: Drafts perfectly" I have read a number of posts where a certain stove did not work very well at all but a...
My old stove was great, my new one not, 30 years of heating a house that was not finished in the begining and crappy windows later. The amount of...
Its not just the size of the firebox, the PE does not work right, been burning wood for 35 years, I know when a stove is not working right. If the...