Sorry I am old too, Your Results May Very.
Well I burnt wet Elm back in about 1978 or so and it burnt so bad I said never again, not sure why that would not be obvious to any one who burns...
I heard on the weather channel they have cancelled summer this year!
My fire looks like that but unfortunely my flue temps and stove top temps do not.
-6 right now with a wind chill of -13 (no wind to speak of) did some one mention this is getting old? Steady diet of Oak in the Plummit (new name...
The book talks about getting wood below 20% moisture and drying wood outside for a year and inside for another. A couple of years ago a person...
One article I read said that they (manufacturers) can make stoves that pass the emissions but the consumer might not like the product.
What exactly is the "end run", has something changed from what has been published lately?
I thought we were doing a good job for the most part of keeping it out. Keep us in line Scotty.:)
That's exactly what I thought (and I sure it is some what on a local level) but even the EPA stoves burnt with dry wood are dirty when compared to...
Don't get me wrong I don't like it either but I like to know what's going on to my dismay the stoves are not as clean as I thought.
This is a link from the other thread that was close for the thread going in a direction Scotty did not want....
Well you said something about votes I just said they are not going after fireplaces, don't know how the numbers stack up, how many fireplaces are...
If you guys want to talk politics that's fine I'm out, you can not change the fact that wood stoves are a dirty burn (compared to gas) even under...
I am just stating facts.
Well Scotty, even a clean burning wood stove is a dirty burner compared to the gas stoves. Like I said before its all about the numbers.
Can we just stick to the facts, maybe we would all learn something!
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Heating-With-Wood/dp/B001YVN3XA Larry Gay wrote the book, is that Dennis's pen name? ;)
That was my point exactly, you cant expect a stove to burn cleanly all by itself. Many threads on different sites prove many still dont...
With the EPA looking out for our back side we will all be given new stoves that will exhaust fresh air.