What brand of stove did you have? I definitely think the Drolet is a hidden gem after running mine.
"The least offensive type is the single-humped drivelink type like Stihl's RM3/RS3/PM3. Oregon makes similar chain and if the nose of the bar...
Over the years I think I have bought a little bit of everything.
Here is a thread that explains the Stihl safety chain, if interested you can go back to page one to see how the thread unfolded....
Which brands are the bad ones? I know the Stihl safety chain is one of the good ones.
I agree thistle but the times "they are a changing", I can remember some threads on the big H from people who said they would not use a saw with...
You will still be able to buy chisel or semi chisel but would have be the green or safety chain. I am not saying this is going to happen but it is...
I was just passing along the information which I read online plus the Stihl dealer I was at yesterday said all the new saws are sold with the...
They are not doing it here and I can buy any chain I want, just passing along the information, I can find some links if anyone is interested.
Just the way he had it planned.:rolleyes:
Sounds like they want to do away with any chain that is not safety chain, some places make you sign a paper if you buy non safety chain.
After several fires I can not believe the difference between the Drolet and the Summit (cant believe the price difference either). Lower flue...
Warmer here now but a little cooler today and tomorrow, wood usage back to normal for this time of year.
I have always heard if you only know one knot make it a bowline, have used the bowline with no issues what so ever and I am not that good with knots.
I use some safety rope I got from work and its rated at 8 or 10 thousand lbs., I have pulled down a couple of trees and it shows no sign of...
Maybe Woodstock will take it in trade?:thumbs:
Well, I want to call PE first but with all the money it cost me I would want 1,000 dollars for it. If any one has any idea how it could be made to...
Yea I wish I would have went with one of the different models of the summit, I really think the heat shields are not allowing heat transfer from...
I picked up the stove in Spencer only about 25 miles from here, it is one heck of a stove for that kind of money. Quality of the stove is just as...
After the rebate I can get them for 25 dollars.