I thought the same. Kinda feel bad for them.
Ok makes sense now.
Black locust. It gets those bizarre shapes at stump/ground level. Plus the bark and color of the wood say BL to me.
I notice a difference pain wise when I wear mine. Five years ago when I hurt my back I wore it everyday for over a year. Dunno if it helps with...
Im confused??? :confused: PM me
It could be worse Jason. I could be scrounging truck fulls of....elm!:eek:
:rofl: :lol: :salute: If it dried in a year I'd take it. That particular tree was on a steep hill which also shied me away more.
Sounds like a plan. Please post pics when you do. I have a bunch of framing lumber scraps and a bunch of cedar that I'd like to sell the same way.
I would put this chunk aside and dry it. Put it in your fire pit, pour some lighter fluid on it, ignite and enjoy. Call it your revenge for...
Forget to post this pic. One of my typical half cord racks made from reclaimed 2x4, 2x6, 5/4x6 decking. Stack is 6' long by 4' high and double...
Load of black birch. Got rained out otherwise I would topped it off.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Is Virginia pine denser than other softwoods? The only pine I deal with is Eastern white which is very soft.
Thinking it should easily pop in half when split. I'd say 90% of the meat was solid. I have maybe a face cord of dead ash rounds put aside and...
I have a friend who loves oak heartwood and when I take either red or white I'll put it aside for him. Have a red oak score lined up (30" dbh)...
Always my reaction when I drive by roadside wood. Seems to look smaller through the truck window Good on you for cleaning it up and getting some...
Thanks for the kind words my friend! :handshake: Its not work ethic...its a sickness! :loco: :crazy: :rofl: :lol:
It was a rare occasion I grabbed them "as is". Was checking out the score and didn't have a saw with me.
Impressive amount of wood. :thumbs: Too bad about the dump truck.
Thought I was done, but a new customer this year wanted another half cord load. They will be repeats for BL next year. Puts me over ten cords...
Grabbed the rest of the birch today. [ATTACH] This elm was on the hill where I parked. Decided to take it as I had room. Please keep it a...