Yessir! I keep it under my deck now mostly, for when I bring home a log or two and I don’t feel like getting my splitter. [ATTACH]
I can’t really knock the monster maul for the crude blunt force trauma tool it is. When I’m not pulling the lever on my splitter I still use it....
Kind of… but also reminiscent of pungent urine, so like nursing home bedsheets I guess :confused:
No blackjack oak that I’m aware of. Looks like the native range comes close to me though. There could be exclave populations around. I don’t think...
21/72 burning red and sugar maple again today. [ATTACH]
Outstanding work, as always. That log definitely looks like there could be some beautiful grain hiding inside. Decent pile of farwood too :yes:
I’ve got a little hemlock in my stacks and this is different. Much denser than green hemlock and no knots running along the trunk. I hadn’t...
I wondered that myself but the center pith isn’t chambered like BW is.
It split easily just like red oak too. Plenty of oaks in the area as well. No medullary rays on the end though.
I picked up this small roadside log today and I’m not too sure what I got. At first I thought it was some kind of hickory with the color and tight...
13° F this morning with the stove packed with red and sugar maple. I wasn't sure what pile(s) I wanted to start drawing from next to finish out...
Sycamore maple? Bark kind of reminded me of sycamore a little bit. Never saw a sycamore maple in person though. Thought London Planetree too but...
Opposite branching says maple, and according to a quick Google search maples are in the soapberry family. So I’m guessing some kind of exotic...
The snow storm finally moved out. 31 heading down to the low teens by morning. Taking it easy right now with one piece of boxelder and a piece of...
If you would tap a boxelder, would you tap a Norway maple? A quick Google search says you can, not that you should... When I process Norway maple,...