I know they’re a weed tree and grow fast, but wow! There’s one 2 houses down from me growing out of the neighbor’s shrubs. It’s probably 8-10 feet...
I happened upon a random 2’ long roadside chunk of mulberry the other day and had to scoop it up of course. After cutting and splitting, I noticed...
I learned that I can choke down the air on an overnight burn of oak no problem, and wake up to not only good coals, but a more complete burn. If I...
Yeah it’s already good and dry, but another year * top covered * isn’t going to hurt it.
Sort of, but not really on a night to night basis. More like I couldn’t decide which piles I wanted to bring in once the racks by the house got...
That’s a lot of crispy poles. I don’t think you could ask for easier to process firewood though.
[ATTACH]
Not ash. Doesn't look like anything I've scored before, but I'd say possibly basswood.
That's an interesting perspective. I've been checking the sunrise/sunset times just about weekly since the winter solstice. It's slow at first,...
That statement might ruffle a few feathers here, but I don't disagree with the corruption part of your sentiment.
13/71 black locust, red/sugar maple.
If not for principal behind it I’d consider buying in. Their banks too. Then again, we’re all buying their gas anyway.
Red oak
That eugenics thing is so early 20th century. The new philosophy is to put certain conditions in place, allowing society to run so amok that the...
I think nothing could be more perfect for you than making a handle out of black locust. All it would cost you is your time :D
A mild 34 this morning with no significant warm up in the works. Sugar maple and black locust today just because of that nice long coaling stage :yes:
Black cherry
I thought $3.74 was bad this morning, but this evening I see it was jacked up to $4.10.
I know, right?! If some jamoke can drag railroad ties back there into the woods, I see so reason why he couldn't strong-arm a couple of 8 footers...
$3.56 yesterday morning turned into $3.74 today. I checked last night and I have a little less than half a tank left, which will carry me through...