I took the outlet out, and used caulk. I'm sure the air is still coming in somewhere else though. :picard:
Ah, I see you've discovered my biggest heat distribution problem. The wall between the kitchen and bedroom has a window right in the middle, just...
Couple years ago, I went around and sealed up all the outlets on exterior walls. Little jets of cold air coming from every single last one of 'em....
Looked at the Regency line-up a few years ago, before I got the 30. I'm still thinkin' a cat stove with a t-stat would work real nice here. Dennis...
50? Wow, we'd be knee deep in mud at that temp. My smallish ice dams are melting somewhat nicely with our mid 30s.
Yeah......10-4 on the nuggets, and the yellow snow syndrome too. It's almost literally......everywhere. I may have contributed somewhat......to...
I pronounce that Me-nerds. :D:picard: They also have an online presence for anything you might need...... http://www.menards.com I'm a big fan of...
We just dropped from 73 to 72 here at "desk thermometer central". Still a few coals left from this morning, so maybe I should throw in a small...
Ok, gooder......so plenty of room. My SisIL just got a used Englander 13NC. We haven't got it put in yet, but it's been inspected and repainted....
I'm waiting for the n. koreans to ship my free coffee handout. Could take a while. In the meantime, I've been thinking I'd do the same thing as...
It's a ranch, and most is on slab. The kitchen, bath, and laundry rooms are all on a crawl that's about 3'. That may have been the original...
What kind of attic space do you have? Don't forget an attic insulation shield. :) Like Grizz said, the Drolets I've seen had latches that were...
Some have had a little success moving air that way, but I'd think unless the ducting is insulated, you'll lose some of the heat to the ductwork....
I've got the larger 30NC Englander, but I think the handle latch on the Drolet is nicer. Grizz, or HDRock could comment more on that. No need for...
I'm realizing (have been for a long time) that sealing and insulation is the ticket. I know I've kinda beat this horse some, but it hits home when...
36 right now (our high), and the coals from the 5 Maple splits I put in the stove at 8 am are still kickin' a little heat. The house is 73, and...
A Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me Page Has Been Created Wait.....you did wut? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Imma need to start a go fund me page, to...
Better than doing it 2 or 3 times.:hair: I'm not fessin' up to anything I haven't already fessed up to, although I'm sure there's gotta' be more...
Always love the pics you and Woodwidow put up. Nice that granny's still up and around.
I still have another cord of the Red in the shed for spring, but I may use some more just like you. It's what I do anyway. Works very well.