Yet another foggy drizzly 50 degree day here today (and tomorrow) :headbang: Really it’s too warm to have a fire but I can’t remember the last...
You and I aren’t too far apart, really. I wish winter would stick around a bit, rather than a couple days here and there. It’s 46 here now and...
Simple as 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21.... [MEDIA]
At this point I’m not going to rule out the possibility [ATTACH]
From what I understand, I can apply for a cutting permit if I want to. I think it amounts to about $75 per cord, 2 cord minimum purchase. They...
I took my 10 year old with me today for a hike and came across an unexpected surprise. Here at the state park they cut dozens (hundreds?) of...
Well yeah about that... :picard::zip::whistle:
I love seeing a complete burn when I let it go out completely. No lingering black charred chunks left over, only fine gray ash.
Thanks, it’s not my best work but it’ll do for now. At some point I want to give it a quick sanding to remove the rough edges, and I’m debating...
Update: Rather than piling the wood on the side of the hearth, I finally built this “rustic” rack with scrap wood from a crate I scrounged from...
For me, tree ID is a little more difficult in winter but I just noticed one thing for the first time today: Besides their often contorted timber...
I took these pictures about 6 years ago, 10 miles and 6 months apart [ATTACH]
I live in a Cape Cod style house that’s just under 2,000 sq ft. It definitely doesn’t take a raging fire to keep the place warm, even on the...
37 and holding steady since this morning. Actually supposed to stay that way until tomorrow morning too, followed by a warm up to the mid 40s....
I have vivid memories of helping my grandfather every fall with the firewood. I think that started when I was about 8 years old. He used to pick...