25° and a clean stove ready for some more single digits this weekend. Currently burning beech, apple and black locust.
How do you like burning that little leaf linden JimBear? I see those all over the place around town as landscaping trees. Never had the chance to...
28 here which is pretty much bottomed out for the night. Low 40s during the day tomorrow. I haven’t added anything to the firebox since 5am and...
I wish you the best, but if you get clobbered down there I want to see some snow covered woodpile pictures :thumbs:
That's funny. I really like burning black cherry, but it usually gives me trouble not wanting to burn down all the way, unless I have something...
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I just want to measure my lengths and cut, other times I want perfect looking splits. As time goes on and my splits...
Sounds like something I might need to dive into. I've read a couple Eckhart Tolle books but don't remember this being referenced before.
10°/70° with a mix of apple, beech and black birch. Looks like that'll be the bulk of what I'll be burning for the next month or so, with some...
Nice! Another species I have yet to score, although my only interest in it would be for small woodworking projects.
We live in a wonderful time with all the information and misinformation in the world right at our fingertips. That’s all well and good, but a lot...
Could be, I never was a big gamer. Saw too many people completely consumed by it and it horrified me. The original Sega from the 80s has to be...
23 here and dropping fast, supposedly to 10 by dawn. Burning beech chunks and shorties [ATTACH]
Actually if it was just me in these times I wouldn’t mind getting the heck away from society and doing just that. Only thing is I wouldn’t be...
Temperatures in the teens and single digits are almost a welcome relief right now in places like the upper midwest, where they see zero, or 10,...
Same here. Most of my stacks have tarps on top, others have corrugated plastic roof panels. I have no shortage of rocks on my property so that's...
That's rough. We get strong winds here too but only occasionally. Do you leave your stacks to the mercy of the elements or do you have a roof over...
Nice hound, and I wonder if you have the last surviving Sega Genesis box in the entire country? :nerd: Reminds me of Christmas 1993!
36 dropping to the mid 20s by sunrise. Burning straight apple wood for the night shift. This stuff smells great when you’re outside downwind of...
Besides having a fetish for the variety of inventory I have, I am saving some choice pieces for a day real soon to have a “special” fire. I have...
It’s pretty much non existent here so there’s definitely an allure to it for me. With a little luck I’ll be growing some here in a couple months...