Deep stuff. No wonder I find myself in the Zen zone whenever I’m in the process.
I learned the term last year working with the American Chestnut Foundation. In their field descriptions of surviving trees, they would describe...
Time to give this thread a bump. Since being on the 3+ year plan, I don’t post too many pictures anymore. Here’s a small win for today from my...
I'm somewhere around 1.75 cord since November 5th. That's including a little less than a face cord of aspen shoulder wood in the beginning, about...
I wonder if he sharpens the carbide teeth without a respirator. Now THAT will cause cancer.
Those shorties will make some beautiful stove stuffers in a couple years :thumbs:
18 dropping down towards 7 by dawn. Black birch and black locust chugging along in the firebox.
Actually have my eye on a HUGE score off of River Road in Middletown. I don’t scrounge much up where I live ;)
23 dropping fast towards 10. Black birch coals throwing enough heat for now, and I’ll be reloading at bedtime with some dead barkless black locust...
If it’s indeed coming, it better be good enough so that I can’t make it into work :D
I started this year with about 3/4 of a cord of 2 year old apple. Now I'm down to a little less than half cord and hoping to use most of it up by...
I’ve got some beech staged up by my stove right now. It’s been processed since August 2020 when Isaias hit. I have to look really closely, but...
Beech
The original flavor is great but my personal favorite from their lineup is the sweet habanero. At one point I was buying a bottle of that almost...
I can almost drink Frank’s Red Hot so I suppose the map is accurate enough. I prefer to make my own fermented hot sauce, but as far as buying...
27 dropping fast towards the mid teens. Heavy hitting beech is throwing the heat tonight.
I'm with Brad here, empty racks = opportunity/justification to hoard more :thumbs: It also means all of my past hoarding was worth the effort. I...
I definitely noticed the extra daylight in the evening this past week and really appreciate it. Although I'm looking forward to spring for...
Pine/spruce/hemlock, Tulip poplar, red maple, silver maple (sugar needs longer), aspen, black cherry, and in the right conditions dead ash can be...
A mild 34 here heading to 25 by dawn. Just a small 2 split fire going now: apple in the front, and a fat chunk of black locust hiding behind it....