Scotty, after seeing some of your pictures of what you cut I am convinced you are an animal.:)
That's good advice but don't ignore the fact that for some woods (dead, quick drying, ect.) a year is going to be as good as it gets, so many...
I have said it before and I will say it again my Drolet so far is very easy to run and reminds me of my old Nashua for ease of use, this winter...
If its 22% in the middle then its less then that around the edges so maybe the average will be 20% or below, should be no problem burning...
They will take care of you here, welcome and enjoy the laid back ambiance.
It was a surprise to me, I have some red elm that did not dry as much as normal either.
Did you get a kiss with that ?
Buy yourself a cheap moisture meter, some dead Ash will be fine when you cut some will not.
The wood itself looks more like Green Ash then White, and yes you can tell a difference in weight between Green and White Ash.
Been a wet year here in Iowa, I cut some green Silver Maple a year ago and the smaller splits are below 20% but not some of the bigger pieces and...
The more you think about it the better it sounds.
You mean the one where they have sticks up their butts.
I thought that was your accent coming through.
Big tree campinspecter, guess I am just cutting sticks here in Iowa.
Cut some dead and I mean dead Red Elm (no bark been dead many years) last fall and left some of the pieces fairly big cause one year and it was...
So the "Spruce Goose" was more like the "Birch Bitch" ;)
Exactly, I have been telling people that's the problem I have here in Iowa if I have open sides, you explained it to a T the way it relates to me,...
Just looked at the forecast for the weekend of Oct 4, 41 for a high so snow may be just around the corner.
We had the cold last year but not the snow, me thinks might have the snow this year but not the bitter cold. Do not like the idea of an early...
We are due for a bad one.