Oak (in his post)
Some of you know my story and words can not express how impressed I am with the Drolet.
Sorry if I missed it in all these posts but did some one mention that Oak is Not that good for starting a fire, the dense woods dont start so...
Now that surprises me, do you monitor your flue temps, my Nashua does not smoke much at all after start up and the flue temps are warmed up in the...
Thanks for the offer but I need the flat, I put 5/8 on and it works for now but I want to put the 3/4 on.
Any know where I can get some for a reasonable price?
A stove run by an idiot.
That is what I thought you said, the bottom part of the tree is getting moisture from the ground, it would be news to me if the water "drains" out...
Neat truck you have there, not sure I understand why your wood sizzles like that, I am sure there are many here from Ohio and could chime in....
I do not understand your post about the roots of the tree and the lower rounds, went back and read it again and not sure what you were saying.
Yep I tried that and I had some wood that sounded like base ball bats when hit together but they were still too wet.
Indeed and I have been singing that song for the last 5 years or so.
A MM is more then good enough for my uses (a fun toy for the most part), I have been very happy with my HF cheapie and have tested it on...
Oh I beg to differ, the water is coming out of the ground into the bottom of the tree (unless you are joking and I am not picking up on it).
The only way to use a MM correct is as you say Shawn on a fresh split.
A lot of technical information on the net about drying wood and how it is effected by heat and moisture, none of the information contradicts my 35...
The wood of the White Ash is much more white then the Green Ash tree as it tends to be brownish in the center of the wood.
Not sure how helpful this is for you, cant seem to find a good side by side picture of the different barks, I took one but have it no more (posted...
I am sure that in a drying drag race with same size splits and stacked in the same fashion Ash will Dry as fast as Silver Maple, White Ash maybe...
As said rounds dont dry well at all, especially if the wood was green when cut, even the Silver Maple rounds that I cut almost a year ago are at...