I had a Insulated curtains an option?
Confusing that a bad door gasket would cause the fire to die out, I can see control problems but you would think the fire would have ran hotter...
This is some what normal with the EPA stoves (there is a description of this on wood heat.org) when driven hard, now that I have a stove that...
Guide lines are just that GUIDE lines, varying from that may very well be in order. Adding chimney length is what I would try first.
600 on a reload, guys got balls the size of watermelons.
I would agree with that with the emphasis on "if you know what you are doing. Thick barrels and sand in the bottom help them last longer. Cant use...
My guess is you are slowing the fire down some but that's just me, I do not think the air control is all that precise on the Drolet and maybe the...
I wonder if you are running the stove lower with the damper and making the fire last longer.
From wood heat .org "It is incorrect to think that only a damper downstream of the combustion chamber can 'keep the heat in'. By controlling the...
If I shut my stove down too quickly the fire struggles, but I see your point, after running a stove for a while you get a feel what works with a...
What type of stove?
I would think an inspection would tell you all you need to know?
What do think is the safe life span, I have stove pipe that is over 30 years old and looks like new. No need for double wall pipe in many cases,...
There may be a lag but surface temp is relative to the internal temp so I know how much heat is going up the flue. Most important thing is to...
Well Cert. I am truly only concerned with the surface temp as that is where the rubber meets the road so to speak, that's what gets red hot and...
Those flue temps he and I posted are in line with what is considered safe to burn, big misconceptions on this as it gets confusing when you talk...
I assume that's a surface temp because that's where mine runs and I have a magnetic temps sensor which I can also check with a IR gun.
Do you monitor flue and stove top temps Grizz?
In my observations I have noticed that the less dense woods give up secondary burns easier then the more dense woods, if I have Green Ash in my...
Had one on the Nashua (old stove needs it), tried one on the Summit with no results either way but the Drolet for me runs exactly like I want it...