Seemed like many were thinking he was talking about punky wood, pretty sure he is not.
Do you know how many people still burn wet wood, talked about here all the time so whats wrong with stating in the article.
I'm sticking to what I said, I have an article on my old computer stating the same thing more or less but it explained that the bound water will...
Can't help but think some of you are missing the point, those types of articles are not talking about the wood getting punky, they are talking...
I tend to not get involved in these types of threads any more as there are too many variables involved to have drying practices etched in concrete.
Well I can tell you what they are talking about but I will let you guys debate the issue. There are 2 types of moisture in wood, free water and...
I was just pointing out how much information there is on these types of forums (most of it good:)). No need to be sorry for learning new things.
I thought it was common knowledge by now (if you have read these types of forums for any length of time) that the cheapie MM work just fine for...
Reading the flue temp that close to the stove will be a little misleading, if you have ever read the flue with an IR tester the temps drop off...
Too many variables to make that statement, keeping track of flue temps is the best insurance that you are not burning too low.
I give Dennis credit for knowing what he is doing, if it is like pizzing into the wind he will figure it out (he will be wet:))
I cut Bur Oak all the time that has a layer of punk on the out side and do not cover my wood, stacked in single rows it sits for 2 to 4 years...
Get a limited data plan, that will help keep you off the computer.
If I was closer I would come up there and show you how to cut, split, and stack wood Dennis!:);):D:popcorn:
My post was supposed to say not dry enough to burn right away. Does the edit function go away after a certain amount of time?
Cut some Oak out of an area that had been logged much more then 4 years before I cut it (more like 10 or so) wood cut harder but seasoned will be...
If I were you Dennis I would just round up some help and get it over with in a hurry, better for you and the other guy. Getting old is not for the...
Worked well on my pre EPA stove, what you are looking for is a cigar burn.
Me too, slow you say, a lot faster then a 63 year old fart with a maul.
As I get older my projects get more interesting, dangerous but interesting.