Good to know. I was wondering how long before the bark loosens on the small stack of rounds I have :yes:
Welcome to the club!
I have a stack of rounds that are elm. It was from a fresh cut tree. [ATTACH] The rounds are out of the way. Once the bark begins to loosen,...
That's what's happening with me. Friends and family call me when there's a blowdown or need a problem tree removed. I haven't had to buy wood...
Good morning, everyone. Just above freezing, overcast, and showery. Freezing rain up Midwinter's way. I'll be running a few errands today,...
I'll start by cutting most rounds to stove length. I'll then split into halves or quarters. That area is accessible to drive right up to. So...
Timmer, are you out there? :binoculars:
I have alot of red oak, and a bit of white oak. I love the smell when cutting white oak. And, I'm no whiskey or bourbon drinker.
You can do it. I was just over 60 when I made it to the 3yr plan. Hand splitting. The secret to getting there and staying there, is to have...
:thumbs:
Just avoid the red dress thread when they peek over your shoulder. :whistle:
Standing dead wood takes up less space. You know where it is when the time is right!
Good start! Everyone had to work to get on the 3yr plan. The last time I bought wood, I saved $'s by getting green logs. I CSS'd a cord and...
If I don't load wood properly, a few wisps escape. I hate when I do that!:headbang: Overall, no comments from others about a smoky house.
Some puns scramble my mind. :whistle:
We're also burning oak. I have lots of it 3.5yrs stacked. Enjoy the warmth indoors, this winter season.
Nice view! I just checked and my woodyard is obscured by trees with leaves. :(
Today's victim
Oh.... no breakdown of equipment nor operators. :thumbs:
For sure I did! :thumbs: Today's victim