Yeah the plan for now is to keep cutting till I get enough for next year with the big stove then move to 16 inch for the new stove. If I'm...
Thanks bud
Thanks for the suggestion, my worry is that if life happens and I'm burning ole smoky for a few more years 16 inch wood will give me a much...
I exaggerated a bit it will take 26 straight in if I kitty corner it will probably go for a 28. I never cut it that long it's too much for the...
Oohhh. I didn't know wood tradeing was part of the club! Anybody near so nh wanna trade 5 cord of "seasoned"/wet wood for dry? Kidding...kinda:D
Welcome! I haven't been here long but from what I have gathered burning wood correctly can be a tuff game to get into. I have been doing it the...
CO poisoning is a different type of smoke all together!
I knew a girl like that once!
Thats how wet it done here. Mostly an hour here and there. The trees are changing time to get this butt in gear to get the wood in.
Yup today wasn't hot but it was sticky! Some hail and severe storms to the north of us.
Yessah. Campfires, 4wheeler, shooting chit with the ar, beers, family. Some farwood work mixed in. I love the little time I get in my paradise.
Headed up to camp in Maine after work. Low 40s forecasted for tonight. I'll have to call uncle to see if he get a fire going for me. We probably...
I worked at a manufacturing place for a bit. I have never driven a tractor trailer but was often told that the dock was terrible. It was on the...
I see " this tree was a sapling in 1650"
I have a buddy I call the wood hoar he will try to cut stuff in people's front yard! I will not join him in his scavaging, it's a good way to get...
We have used the croc liners they work great.
I gave the log pile hell today! Got all the logs I had laying around bucked up, and split most of it. There is one pile of rounds remaining but...
Hey there is important stuff in there
I think I am going to designate a set of clothes to be for wood processing and leave them in the garage to try to keep the peace
Yup I keep some dryer lint with my fire starter stuff in my "bug out bag" I'm not a prepper but I have a back pack that I usually keep in the...