I’ll tell you what gave me some hope, when that “nobody” trucker in South Jersey scored a win. We need more of that from coast to coast. I won’t...
I wish it were as simple as a vote.
Hmmm. If it were mine and I left it in the round, 3-4 years. If I halved it, 2 years.
I have one growing in my stove room right now. All I did was plant it in a pot about a quarter inch down and kept it watered. It's a few weeks old...
I hear you there. Usually I let the furnace kick on if it's upper 40s outside, but I might make exceptions this year. I still have 3/8 tank of oil...
A dreary 43° and raining. Silver maple in the stove this morning.
A few weeks back I bought some medjool dates. For laughs I planted 3 pits in a pot in my stove room. All 3 sprouted and the time came to cull the...
Update. Shoulder season is winding down fast here in central Connecticut. If I had to guess, I’m down to my last dozen or so fires before letting...
They're considered invasive in England, right? On a side note, I thoroughly enjoy a lot of the air rifle kill videos out of the U.K. for...
Ash in the stove and 33F on the thermometer. Upper 50s for a high today.
Black Locust. Mulberry. And somehow you managed to find the world’s straightest timber form Norway maple. That’s one heck of a Monday funday you...
Next time let it sit another year top covered. It’ll split much cleaner that way.
The board on the right definitely looks like it could be chestnut. It’s got the right color for sure. I don’t see any flecks that are signature...
There's an oldie! What's the story behind that, US Army issue, WWI era?
I used a shower curtain liner for about a year and a half on small a pile of chestnut oak. It got torn up pretty bad around the corners. Probably...
Man oh man, taking days off of work so you can… WORK hard at home :loco: :crazy: I can definitely relate :handshake: Fantastic job turning all...
That looks like it could be the score sirbuildalot was working last year
I woke up to 34 and ran a small load of ash in the stove. It’s since risen to 44 and I just reloaded with a couple splits of spruce. Rain is on...
Thanks to a fellow member in the Midwest who sent me some, I got to burn Osage this year and was impressed. I ended up planting some along a sunny...
Post hole digger, and yes I’ll be picking up some 8” sonatubes for a nice clean footing :yes: I’ll also sink a 1/2” bolt head first into the...