I should’ve kept track of how much I was adding to the pile. No idea how much is in there at this point. A lot of wood is all I know :) I still...
Late start this morning. Temperature is now at 40 with ash and silver maple rolling the flames.
Hydro… full throttle… flushed out the gas beforehand and topped it off with CAM2 race fuel :D
Now there’s a thought. A man with vision like yours should have such a trophy. I’ll drag it out of the muck if you want it ;)
In keeping with my “little more organization, a little bit at a time” theme, I started moving one of my white pine stacks from March 2021....
The universe has a funny sense of humor. I’m convinced the only mulberry I’ll ever get around these parts are little sticks :hair: So…. I’ve been...
Someone’s got a CNC router and knows how to use it :thumbs:
If you get underneath the bark into the cambium layer that’s when you’ll start to smell wintergreen. It’s throughout the wood though.
The aforementioned black birch I got recently. It’s hard to tell now but when I first cut it, the heart wood was darker. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here’s...
Any chance it’s black birch? Wintergreen smell at all? I got some a couple months ago that looked very similar; I know there’s a lot of variation...
Tomatoes are really taking off fast now. [ATTACH] The peppers which germinated a week and a half later are starting to really get established....
I’ve successfully germinated 3 year old hot pepper seeds before, just ended up with a lower germination rate. What I found was that it could take...
I'd love to get into it myself. There's a lot of buried history out there waiting to be found, especially in my area. I follow a couple guys on...
Drizzling out at the moment and 44 degrees. Supposed to be unpleasant and wet all day today but drying out and around 50 tomorrow. Burning a small...
Thanks for the offer but I'm quickly running out of suitable planting space in my yard between the osage, black locust, oaks, walnuts and...
I agree it does look like BL from here.
You’re running a little more efficient than I am. Mine goes from either rounds or short logs in my truck, to processing in my backyard, stacked...
When I lived in Florida I remember talking to a guy from northern Georgia who referred to Kentucky/West Virginia/Virginia folks as southern...
Good to hear a positive review of it. My thoughts are there are plenty of people that burn it across a wide swath of the country, so if I ever...
Strange but I'm conflicted as to which I like more ~ the Kimbers or the coffee table they're sitting on :loco: :crazy: