2nd and final holzhausen is built. This one is a mix of white pine and spruce. Now to find some decent top covers. [ATTACH]
Not into working hard for white pine? :rofl: :lol:
It's a shame to see such a nice stand of straight trees come down, but hey, you're the right man for the job :thumbs:
It was 40 when I got up this morning and I was on the fence about lighting the stove. The bone dry spruce on the hearth was too easy to pass up...
For a score that had already been picked over, you still made out really well :yes: Great that he's dropping more soon and you'll get to have...
The kind of person that would jump on that deal is the same type that buys the $10 bundles from Big Box Orange. I'll bet they'd be tickled pink...
They're not even trying to hide it anymore. [ATTACH]
Good. Bradford pear is a nasty one from Asia that spreads fast from the birds that eat them. I find them more and more in natural areas....
Well I feel like a complete moron. :picard: The tree started budding, but none of the grafts did. I checked on one of the trees I took the scion...
Gotta love a nice Stihl parts washer :dex:
Lol just the grow lights from my seed starting rack. :rofl: :lol:
I love seeing the old trials/enduro bikes. :yes: My uncle who has an affinity for uncommon bikes has a small collection of Bultaco Alpinas and...
48/70 climbing to the upper 60s today. No fire this morning and the heat hasn’t kicked on either :yes:
I really like the stuff as shoulder wood. Easy to process, dries fast and burns hot. So much so that it’ll burn down coal beds when they start...
I’ve been burning a lot of ash for the last week or two. It’s well known that ash leaves a lot of…. ASH. I stirred it up this evening and noticed...
They don’t drop much cleaner than that. Beautiful straight trunk too. Are you getting the top for firewood?
Season’s not over yet. 35/72 ash and silver maple.
Agreed. I’ve only got 2 seasons of BL burning under my belt, but was thoroughly impressed with the dead/down/barkless after a summer’s drying. I...
The last few weeks before the weather breaks for good always drag on. I’m on the fence about bringing in more wood, making more kindling, etc....
I dunno. If I lived at high altitudes surrounded by nothing but conifers, I’d take the hour long drive down to the city for BL. I’d also plan...