Hey MAF143, great thread. I'm curious as to how your black walnut grove is doing two years out? I have over a dozen nuts in protected pots now,...
It’s a hair above freezing at 33 this morning. Another mixed load of silver maple and ash, with a couple barkless elm skinnies thrown in for good...
It’s not too often you find a bear perched high in an old wolf tree :thumbs:
I have a similar system to yours. Splitter trash is my favorite because it’s a byproduct that I don’t have to intentionally make. Along those same...
Hitting a soda can at 25 yards using a pellet gun with a scope is fun. Taking the same shot with a Red Ryder and hitting the target is real...
That hedge must last a LONG time at those temperatures :thumbs:
Bright, sunny and 38 outside. Pleasant and 72 inside with silver maple and ash up to bat. Happy Easter everyone :)
Not oak, I don’t think. It reminded me a lot of the Mimosa tree I got a couple years back, but the bark is different. I’m guessing some ornamental...
The thought has crossed my mind, yes. I have a small truck though and and can easily point out that the large roadside piles didn’t originate from...
I don’t think Bradford pear. Smells like some kind of fruit or nut tree but I can’t place it. It’s obviously a fast grower. Split very easily by...
I was taunted again today by the ever elusive mulberry. There’s a spot I check periodically for illegal dumping. City property, signs up all over...
Excellent grab at the perfect price :thumbs: That box doesn’t even look that old! A lot of my own toolbox is an assortment of craftsman, Stanley,...
Looks good Brad; great repurpose of free materials. :thumbs: I've got a similar one built from pallets that has worked out great for a couple...
Thanks for posting that link. I've got that on the edge of my yard too :hair: I've been cutting it back for a while but didn't know it was...
I’m battling both burning bush and oriental bittersweet in my yard. When I moved in, I found a couple bittersweet vines that were 3-4” diameter...
At least honeylocust is native to a large swath of the country. Bradford pear and its sibling tree ambiguously named Cleveland Select should never...
68 and still climbing up towards 80 later, followed by thunderstorms and then a cool down. I took a walk in the sun on lunch and one thing's for...
My younger son helped quite a bit handing me wood from the wheelbarrow so I could add it to the pile. My older one wasn't interested much in it...
It definitely saved space, without a doubt. Prior to all the conifer being in holzhausen form, it was in 2 long rows taking up a much larger...
Ouch man! As bad as that was, I’m glad it wasn’t worse o_O You could have easily lost your entire thumb. (Try) to take it easy and rest up. I’ve...