It was 32° when I got up at 4:30 this morning, and has since risen to 35°. Silver maple and barkless elm skinnies got the house nice and toasty...
Nice trout! :thumbs: You just had to post that, huh?! Are those stocked? I got my trout stamp for this year but haven’t gone out yet. I do believe...
Agreed. The last load I got had a few pieces colored similar though. Might have been the beginnings of rot. The bark in the OP’s pictures...
In my younger days I remember going to work one day in a particularly stellar mood. New GF, had life by the you-know-what and was on cloud 9...
Women have a term for this. “Resting b!tch face” We must be cut from the same cloth. I used to get that all the time from my current boss until he...
Looks a lot like silver maple. Was it hard to split?
Tricky felling job (and above my skill level) :) Is this a black oak?
My experience with fresh cut oak is some of it will be fairly dry after a year, some of it not so much. The stuff higher up off the ground and...
41° and another mixed load of silver maple and dead/barkless elm skinnies. It should warm up another 10° by this afternoon.
Is that English Oak, white oak family? We have some of that growing here sporadically and I wouldn’t hesitate to try it someday if one ever came down.
Split it into thin board-like splits, top covered, good airflow and as much sun as possible. According to some, it takes a year per inch to dry,...
Up next: black locust :thumbs: Sunday night I heated up a cup of water to just under boiling. Tossed the seeds in there and let it cool off and...
The biggest influence on me to start a 401k were my older coworkers. I remember being told explicitly that the earlier I started, the better off...
I'm convinced they sit at these massive round table meetings that go something like this: All this fiat money printing has increased cash flow,...
That's a nice upgrade from a small pancake compressor :thumbs:
As someone who's been contributing to a 401k since early adulthood, and fortunate enough to be vested into a pension plan on top of that, the idea...
Why do I even bother adding to my 401k anymore? :rofl: :lol:
43° and raining here and upper 40s for later on. I'm happy it's not the snow that was predicted for some not too far north of me. Elm, silver...
I was trying to make a fruit cocktail tree. I knew I should’ve quit once the pineapple graft failed :)
Nice to get the hazards removed and have the inventory grow a bit. I wonder if the Sri Lankans didn't work directly for the guy that quoted the...