For sure, I like cutting crappy trees or dead ones so I don"t feel so bad about it.
I have a Mak 90 bought in a weak monent. SIL has a 338 Lupa.
Sorry no picture but I built a 4 X5 foot table for bigger projects but I also bought the HF portable welding table for small jobs so I dont have...
Dennis, I know you are a little older then me but I am starting to realize as we age things just dont work like they use to. Take care of your...
IMHO I thought Augie was just trying to be helpful. My opinion on drying wood, what works for you works for you, no point in trying to say one way...
I did an experiment also, I had some wood that was 2 or 3 years old (single rows not covered) and then it set in the garage for over a year and to...
He was looking for an argument, could have fooled me, I thought he was offering an option for someone who does not have the space or is new to...
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Seasonal_Moisture_Content_of_Living_Trees.html
. Mulberry is only yellowish when first cut, after setting in the elements for a short period of time it turns a reddish brown and it does spark a...
Have you looked at very many older stoves with baffles Dave, looks like you have done the baffle in a much different fashion then I am used to.
mj where are you located, north or south west Iowa, I am up in the NW corner of the state.
I personally do not like 24% wood, I had some a while back (in that range I believe) and it gave off steam when burnt until the moisture was gone,...
Bummer for sure glad they could sew it back on, its easy to get complacent when splitting wood especially when its going good, they you get into a...
Not a big fan of any business politics no matter what the subject or government for that matter.
Norky, not sure I understand where you are coming from, you dont like the new regulations then?
I have an answer for that but in bad taste.
Yea not sure if he has a MM but that dead red elm (css for a year) was about 24% in Sept.
Yep closed for me too, my single rows with no top cover works great (35+ years)!
I live in NW Iowa and for me the woods (dead red elm and dead Bur Oak) are not ready to burn right away, some of it might be but not all, cut some...
If firewood is not "seasoned" correctly (I assume salt) it will go stale.