This is for lumber but I thought interesting and relevant (or not). "Wood dries along the grain up to 15 times faster than across the grain....
He had a point and so did I and I thought we stayed on topic, jeez some times I just dont understand what people want in these threads....
As I stated in my post there was a person who cut his wood 12 inches long to speed up the drying and it worked well for him, for some it could be...
I know what works for me and I dont have the interest in testing because right now I have more wood and plenty of time for it to dry. I dont know...
That's funny you say that as I dont remember him that way at all, he presented facts both from what he had read and his testing and many hammered...
I have burnt wood for 35 years (only source of heat) so my testing is done.;)
I have posted many links about firewood, flue temps and the like and some seem to ignore it or dispute it (as they did with Battenkiller) so not...
I have opposite results of you Dennis in that respect and have not covered my wood for over 30 years. I don't believe a lot of things on the net...
All sorts of information about this online, both firewood and lumber, no need to reinvent the wheel.
Actually it does make a difference and have read as much in many articles on drying wood, not sure if I can find the ones I want but will look for...
My insurance company is a "local" company so a good chance you will have better luck then dealing with a bigger company. Brain cells seem to be...
Very good point but some insurance companies have issues with welding depending on how the shop is built.
Once again CALL your insurance company, mine had no problem as long as the stove had a UL tag on it (no home made stoves). :headbang:
http://inspectapedia.com/chimneys/Chimney_Draft.htm
Best to call your insurance company, mine had no problem with it what so ever. Just follow the specs. of the maker of the pipe and you should be...
Dont have that option as it my only heat (35 years that way). Been warm here lately but about to come to an end with the highs in single digits...
I'm with BWS on this one burn both but would be nice to see what the moisture level is, both could be below 20%. Answering your question as stated...
I thought they had been taken off the "air" by the powers to be.:D
"The best way to control creosote is to prevent its buildup by maintaining a briskly burning fire with dry, well-seasoned wood. Maintain a flue...