Somebody is probably burning that right now, snot spewing out of the ends, smoke billowing out of the chimney. Wife is cursing Frank the husband...
Wow. You offered him a more than generous deal. :hair: That’s his loss. My policy is to help someone as much as I can without putting myself out,...
Snowing steadily, stiff breeze, 19 and dropping. Apple, beech and black locust getting the house back up to temperature.
Oh sorry no Canuck here, although I do have some Québécois way back in my family :emb: I’m just showing some solidarity for that convoy descending...
[ATTACH] Black birch on the left, gray birch on the right. There’s white birch mixed within this forest too, and some yellow down in the...
My ten year old wanted to get out of the house today so a hike was in order. I decided to take him somewhere neither of us had been before. State...
28 with light snow for the next few hours. Supposed to be a big storm later on tonight through tomorrow. Anywhere from 0.001” to 27’ of snow. :D...
You said you found metal 7-7.5’ (feet) into the trunk. Did you mean inches? (“) Or 7 feet up the trunk from the base? If you meant 7” in, that’s...
I noticed I get a lot more efficient burn running N/S. Better airflow to the far end of the splits as they slowly break down, or so I assume. I...
Thanks for your perspective and experience Ralphie Boy . FWIW, I would’ve marched alongside you to protest the Vietnam war (had I been around back...
[ATTACH]
If I had access to slab wood I wouldn’t hesitate to split it into kindling. At least the fast drying cherry and ash.
Give it a shot. I know red oak is king for a lot of people and I’ve burned some in the past that I still tear up over. :tears: However, once you...
Now now we mustn’t jump to conclusions here. If the smoke coming from the chimney smelled like patchouli and granola then maybe the case could be...