Bright sunny and 19 here. The stove is chewing through some apple and mulberry shorts/uglies this morning.
Back to reality. The 57 degrees we had this morning is now 31, which will continue to fall to the upper teens by the morning. Beech and apple...
Not to brag but I’m getting good at spotting these long-dead trunks in the woods :) All I do is carry a knife on me, peel back the weathered...
Nice beech :yes: My wife texted me about some limbs that fell in our yard this morning. It’s from our next door neighbor’s dead Ash that...
With prices on everything being as they are, and my pay not growing exponentially to keep up, I'll be driving used gas vehicles for the...
On the one hand it's an uneasy feeling seeing more than half your supply gone. One the other hand, it says that all the hard work was worth it.
3 years sounds about right for a battery, unless you enjoy living on the edge and would rather be changing it when it's 5 below outside and you're...
47 this morning, rising another 10 or so degrees later today. Got to love the month of Apriluary :) The furnace can deal with these temperatures....
3 trash cans full sounds like a luxury problem to me :rofl: :lol: I love having a nice pile of splitter trash like that for kindling. Every year I...
39 and slowly rising. Spruce is on duty tonight.
2 years ago the eco chamber's favorite 2-word catchphrase was "Draconian Measures". Now their new pet is "Saber Rattling".
12 here with beech and mulberry throwing the heat this morning.
Somebody, somewhere is building an Excel spreadsheet right now. They just added the column where you can input your kerf width. They’re mulling...
Yep, sassafras it is. Spicy, citrusy smell.
5 above zero and it looks to be the last of the single digits for the season. Black Locust and beech this morning. [ATTACH]
I believe so. Tons of it in that area. The lower trunk has heavy furrows when it gets older but the bark on the limbs and canopy has that classic...
First comes the paperwork. From there he gets to talking with all sorts of different characters. Before you know it the union moves in and you’re...
Great to have plenty in the house ready to go, especially when you’re feeling like garbage. Take care of yourself and the family the best you can,...
Bigtooth Aspen. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I saw a couple at my local Home Depot last week. According to their website they still have a few in stock.