I'd opt for the ribs.......:D
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::doh:
Yep, that was what I was trying to say. You're thinking of the loose cellulose. The new foam blown won't do that.
Wow Adam, that came out nice.
Welcome aboard fortydegnorth . Did I read correctly that the house is brick with no insulation? Good idea to start insulating the attic, but don't...
Yep, I'd do new 6" Class A from the new ceiling support box up through the roof. My original stove had a 6" collar and went (with a transition...
Wow zap, where's all the snow?
That's a nice set of hearth tools.
"Not sure who I want to bug yet, but I'll continue working on that." Can we vote?:D
The 30 is 20" deep, and I don't always put on the gloves, so I'm glad to have a nice long handle on the rake. It's about 31". I can dang near...
Can you put the original wrap back on for a minute? Even a couple big trash bags split open along the seams would work.
Max the wonder dog is wonderin' why you're botherin' him.:rofl: :lol:
Or a deep stove full of coals.:yes:
Prolly took it out on a sled to get some more firewood, or just to enjoy the scenery.
Yeah, as bobdog said, do the crawl...in the crawl. I need to do mine, but can only reach about 1/2 of it. Guys who built this place put some kind...
Bingo. It does look great. Lots of folks on here with big ceilings, and they do fine. Where's the boss Scotty Overkill ?
Yeah, not sure I'd tolerate that....but I'm gettin' old and crotchety. Didn't pay too much attention to it when mine were in their teens.:doh:
Nice, sounds like you're making great progress.
Can't like that,....nope. Try doing like bogydave , and do a gradual lean to the two stacks to the middle.
Cold/cool air is easier to move than warm. Just try it. The fan(s) will pull cool air from below, which will push the warmer air down along the...