Ok, so it's gotta be the wood. I just did a cold start with a few small pieces of Maple and Oak, and it took right off. Burning well, even with...
Looking from the ground, it's not looking too bad, but I expect the flue to have some buildup. :headbang: No mesh. :thumbs:
Forgot,...... we're due for several days of near or below zero overnights, then going back to not so cold. Spring is right there in front of us.
About 30 this morning at 6am, so I left things as they were and went back to bed until 8. Still 70 in the house, but I loaded 3 medium sized...
You got all that just last night?
Yep
What's everybody else gonna' eat?
The 30 has 2 inlet holes for the "doghouse" air that are on the bottom of the stove behind the 2 front legs. Looks like that "feature" has been...
I figure $4 a year or so isn't too bad. My hand filing is getting better.
Still have the original "safety" chain for the original bar (which I no longer have). I think I still have the 20" that I swapped for that one. I...
wildwest , yes. Seems like someone on here just got one.
Welcome aboard, Kyle Miller . My wife took a good sized one I cut, and painted it to look like a slice of watermelon. Or, let it dry and burn it.
Sledding, anyone?
I want one.
Wow, hide this one from Pete.
I think about 3 1/3 cords still in the shed, out of about 5 1/3. Feb. 1st, I started on a stack of Oak that's 1/2 cord, and I expect to only use...
Well, crutches suck, but the rest is gooder news.
You can pretty much get any of the hi-temp stuff locally. Really. Go to an auto parts store. Oh, and don't skimp on your safety......you're almost...
How much do you plan to put on? The Rutland is rated at 500 degrees. Use one of the other even higher rated ones if you don't think that little...
Quite a few on here use nothing but a woodstove to keep our homes warm. In climates similar to yours. It only went down to about 30 last night,...