How common down your way?
They will get diluted among the other wood in the round pile. My regulars know of the dry rot and occasional insect damaged pieces. There are...
Nice tree with no issues. Cant beat cutting the whole thing to your size. What was the DBH? How soon you milling it?
Beyond a shadow of a doubt! :picard: :rofl: :lol:
I think that eclipsed your last load! :doh:
Add another half cord from yesterdays cut. Over 3.5 cords for the thread.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Havent been back here in a couple years. One reason I love the "shelf life" of BL. Cleaned up a long down "gnarly" (for BL anyhow) blowover,...
Thats a woodpecker drinking the sugar water. We haven't seen a hummingbird yet this Spring. Sorry for the confusion.
No. I told her it was too early for it and wait until months end when they usually show up, but she insisted and I didn't wanna argue.
True. The one we've always called wild cherry has them. Looks like black birch bark on steroids. Also oozes a translucent jelly like goo from...
Great pics! :thumbs: What book is that?
Downy on our hummingbird feeder from this morning [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
TOAST! I'd say you got your moneys worth out of it. What other saws you running Joe? IIRC you had an 038 Stihl?
Noon? At least you wont be left in the dark! :doh:
What if the battery is dead? :D How many batteries do you have for it? I looked into one and the batteries ain't cheap :emptywallet:
Thanks. In a perfect world all the dead, down BL I harvested would be like this. Bark free and washed clean by mother nature. The section of...
Ive always stated that if I had an open area with no foliage nearby I'd never top cover. Have you tried making holes in the sheets and using...
Too much rain here too. Scouted a couple BL areas today and one was way too wet and swampy. Always glad to "encourage" a fellow hoarder. That's...
Hit another honey hole today for a quick cut. Bucked a bigger blowover from a May 2018 storm. Nicely weathered and clean. 462 hasn't seen...
The picture perfect spot to dry firewood. Have you ever checked to see how fast fresh split wood takes to dry there. Wish I had that much exposure.