Well, here we are just about a month later and oil has expectedly hit $100/barrel. As of today the price per gallon of home heating oil through my...
This is my favorite middle-of-the-road firewood. Fast drying, good for shoulder season or mixed in with your heavy hitters in the dead of winter,...
The year advertised is wrong but that thing is a gem :rofl: :lol: I haven't seen one of those around in a LONG, long time.
The way that first guy is lifting the maul up is making me cringe. Not exactly the right technique nor easy on the back.
I’ve got to be around 3 cord at this point. Now that I’m burning spruce to supplement my hardwood mix pretty much daily, I’m going through a lot...
This was a fun place to check out with my kids a few years ago. The Nautilus museum next to the submarine base in Groton Connecticut. Submarine...
Well I almost thought about hoisting my flak gun to the roof and putting a few holes into the fuselage of the imaginary helicopter, but alas I...
I was out on the back deck picking up wood to bring inside. All of a sudden, off in the distance I hear a noise I shouldn’t be hearing. It takes...
27 at the moment, projected to get down to the mid teens by dawn. I’ve got a couple fat splits of spruce going, burning down red and sugar maple...
There's an unpopular but very prominent person on this side of the pond that resembles that name :whistle:
Beauty white oak score NCwoodhoarder and welcome to FHC. As others have said, give it plenty of time to dry and you're going to have some premium...
You guys got me going on a Pink Floyd kick. I kind of got pulled into their music backwards, chronologically speaking. First through the wall...
Don’t judge me because I get my jollies running through the infirmary sniffing up on all the sleepers ;)
I don’t know to be honest. I inherited it from my grandfather right before he passed. I’ll have to weigh it to be sure but I think it’s the 16....
Yessir! I keep it under my deck now mostly, for when I bring home a log or two and I don’t feel like getting my splitter. [ATTACH]
I can’t really knock the monster maul for the crude blunt force trauma tool it is. When I’m not pulling the lever on my splitter I still use it....
Kind of… but also reminiscent of pungent urine, so like nursing home bedsheets I guess :confused:
No blackjack oak that I’m aware of. Looks like the native range comes close to me though. There could be exclave populations around. I don’t think...
21/72 burning red and sugar maple again today. [ATTACH]
Outstanding work, as always. That log definitely looks like there could be some beautiful grain hiding inside. Decent pile of farwood too :yes: