[ATTACH]
Not ash. Doesn't look like anything I've scored before, but I'd say possibly basswood.
That's an interesting perspective. I've been checking the sunrise/sunset times just about weekly since the winter solstice. It's slow at first,...
That statement might ruffle a few feathers here, but I don't disagree with the corruption part of your sentiment.
13/71 black locust, red/sugar maple.
If not for principal behind it I’d consider buying in. Their banks too. Then again, we’re all buying their gas anyway.
Red oak
That eugenics thing is so early 20th century. The new philosophy is to put certain conditions in place, allowing society to run so amok that the...
I think nothing could be more perfect for you than making a handle out of black locust. All it would cost you is your time :D
A mild 34 this morning with no significant warm up in the works. Sugar maple and black locust today just because of that nice long coaling stage :yes:
Black cherry
I thought $3.74 was bad this morning, but this evening I see it was jacked up to $4.10.
I know, right?! If some jamoke can drag railroad ties back there into the woods, I see so reason why he couldn't strong-arm a couple of 8 footers...
$3.56 yesterday morning turned into $3.74 today. I checked last night and I have a little less than half a tank left, which will carry me through...
Sorry for the confusion. This picture was a different species from what I brought home today. Larger dark core relative to the outer diameter,...
The one I grabbed also had a dark center like that, albeit smaller. My log was a bit smaller by the looks of it too. If what I found wasn’t gum,...
Black birch
My guess was that this is black gum, being that I’m slightly outside the sweet gum range. I’m sure there’s isolated populations of it around...
Here’s another mystery wood that I unwittingly “scored” from the same roadside cutting. I’m 99% sure I know what it is but figured I’d let you...
It's the time of year, especially down south. The sap is running as the trees are getting ready for the growing season.