This short video popped up in my YouTube feed and I found it interesting. The Romans were definitely more sophisticated than we might give them...
I think half of the population from Northern Maine ended up in Connecticut for some reason. There's no shortage of Michauds, Pelletiers, Morins,...
You wouldn't think it right away, but I hear Alaska has a serious drug problem (and everything that comes along with that) in certain areas. I...
That makes sense though. I read an article the other day that people are coalescing across the country with like-minded individuals. So blue...
Any chance on getting a cheap used camper to park in NH, and a sawmill? Live on the rough side in the camper for a year or two while you mill &...
39°/72° burning a mix of mostly black cherry with a couple pieces of black locust thrown in.
I thought it was the same amber color as 10w-40. It's been a while since I used that brand so I could be wrong though. [ATTACH]
I ended up at TSC yesterday and bought 2 gallons of County Line brand bar oil for $11.99 each. Between that and what I already had on hand, I...
26° heading to 50° later today. Another mixed load of black locust and black cherry keeping the house warm.
Today was the day. I grafted two different wild cherry varieties onto this ornamental cherry in my front yard. One small black cherry branch, and...
I read that out of every 55 gallon drum of crude oil, only *about* 20 something gallons gets refined into gasoline. The rest gets broken down into...
25° at home with black locust, black cherry and red maple rolling the flames this morning. It's supposed to warm up fast today, hitting 50° later....
Sometimes you have to go way back [MEDIA]
It’s hovering right around freezing with light snow coming down for the next couple hours. Probably end up with about 4 inches on the ground when...
I dunno, maybe in the movie he retired from a colorful career as an avionics expert, electronics whiz, and general jack of all trades. But to get...
It’s good that I don’t use my saws a lot anymore. I’ve still got a couple gallons of bar oil that I’ve been sitting on for over a year now, bought...
I'll tell you what, once Hollywood makes a movie kind of recreating the Ruby Ridge incident, but where da gub swoops in to go after some off grid...
[MEDIA] I really like this guy's channel. He covers a lot of ground from the Ohio Valley through New England, and all sorts of habitats from...
Good stuff. Yeah that definitely doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill eastern red cedar. You might be close enough to the ocean for it to be...
Time to add to this thread. Down the road it’ll be useful to have a digital trail left behind documenting how fast things unraveled. When I woke...