Gorgeous. If I came across that I'd think it was a funny looking ornamental cherry tree.
Timeline for them clinging to life? Once you start seeing trees with "blonding" on the bark from woodpecker traffic, you know they're pretty far...
Here's an article from my local paper that I found interesting: The Bristol Press - 'It would be a miracle if we were alone': Mutual UFO Network...
More organization today. I stacked another 2 (1) cord piles, and got halfway through a third pile before calling it quits. I’m getting closer to...
I haven't seen a Big Red trike in... a LONGGG time! Nice score and a cool way to move it :thumbs:
It's nice to get an unseasonably warm stretch at the very end of winter. It's been a "heat wave" here in southern New England too. 73 is the...
I know that Uncle Sam needs me to fight for an ideal that I know nothing about [MEDIA]
White oak Chestnut oak Red oak Black locust Sugar maple Elm Red maple Black cherry I’m in central Connecticut where there’s a huge variety of...
I was driving by an older industrial building and saw a sizable pile of lumber out to the road. Pulled over and started rummaging of course :) It...
Oh boy. Better add "king of firewood" to the list of topics that should be approached gingerly; right up there with religion and politics :whistle:
I read roasted is best. They’re supposed to sweeten up a lot after cooking. Germination rate was very high, even on the smaller nuts. Even if only...
They sunk so they should be viable… As a backup, in the fall I also directly sowed a bunch of Chinese and American nuts outside in separate pots...
Today was an exciting day for me. Back in the fall I stored a bunch of pure American chestnut nuts that I collected in a Tupperware container...
It took me a minute to recognize what I was looking at! I was wondering what a sand dune was doing in your back yard... Then thought maybe it was...
Another vacuum filled. The burning season is winding down here, and I'll be restricting stove duty to the early mornings and late evenings. I made...
They're definitely denser than the surrounding fluffy ash. I would compare it to shards of concrete, and a similar texture.
Either way he bought the farm :picard:
34 here and burning a mix of cherry uglies and hickory splinters.
Ha! It’s been a while since I heard that one. I think Metallica does the Misfits better than the Misfits do the Misfits, at least the current...
Snowstorm is wrapping up and the temperatures have dropped. 22 heading to the high teens by dawn. Looks like this could be the last gasp of winter...