:drool: I think now is the appropriate time for one of those awards that are given out periodically. Yes, I do believe you’ve earned the infamous...
I think it was dead for only a few months at that point. The bark was coming off in sheets from the larger trunk sections. The bark is still tight...
Honestly it’s not that bad if it was cut dead or sat in the round for a while. If you cut a live tree and split it right away, that’s when you’ll...
“Huh?” you say… :confused: So a quick rundown is in order. Firewood has changed hands a few times on here between members. Fellow Connecticut...
Interesting story and an ambitious undertaking. Let's hope in another thousand years people can look upon some ancient oaks (and other species)...
We were told the shortages were coming. [ATTACH]
It’s that time of year again. Cooper’s hawk perched high in the red oak above my backyard, watching my chickens and rabbit. Unless he can chew...
I don’t think ash has a high tannin content like cherry and walnut do. Those woods aren’t known to cause creosote buildup either, so I suspect...
It was a touch on the warm side, yes. 78 :emb:
42 and starting to rain. I hadn’t loaded the stove since 4:30 this morning. I had no intention of relighting it until tomorrow morning either. At...
Phew, I can smell that cutoff wheel and grinding grit from here ;)
30/72 black cherry with a couple locust skinnies that somehow evaded the stove until today.
Usually I fill up an entire tray for tomatoes and another one for peppers. This year my plan is to grow a lot more variety in my beds. An entire...
Seed starting week has arrived here. I just set up my wire rack and washed out the starter trays. [ATTACH]
That machine looks great. I had almost the same trike in the late 90s, but an older version. Mine was a hard tail and had big balloon tires to...
You got it buddy :yes: I check CL almost daily; not because I need firewood, but because I need the thrill of simply finding free firewood.
These were all live trees I saw, although where there are live groves there surely must be dead fallen ones. :) Shhhhh! Don't paint us all with...
I saw plenty of it around Manchester this past weekend when I was out there visiting with my BIL. Right along I-384 and the on/off ramps for route...
39 and still dropping a couple more degrees. Black cherry on the menu this morning.
I would be willing to run an experiment like this but there’s no way I’d throw everything directly on the ground. My guess is there’s too much...