Nice work gentlemen :thumbs: Any plans for the cedar yet? Outdoor planter boxes? Siding for the saw mill building that buzz-saw doesn't know he's...
The black walnuts are taking off fast now. I took the 5 that came up so far and put them in individual pots. I’m leaving this one up on my deck in...
Rafters are up. For now they’re just held in place with hurricane ties in the front as well as a diagonal screw into the beam. The back of the...
Red on the buds and then seeds points to red maple. Sugar maple seeds are more green, like their buds.
It's official, I'm calling it now. No more fires until the fall. :) It was 43 at 4:30 this morning, and has since warmed up to 50. It'll be well...
That’s a shame the rest got tossed. I have just enough left for the rafters, no extra. As for the spot in Bristol where I found the other 2x6’s,...
There’s going to be plenty of that during this build. :thumbs: If you look closely at the temporary braces on the posts you’ll see the wood is...
The fisherman’s memorial in Gloucester Massachusetts [ATTACH]
The sunset looked a lot better than the bike, but it was still fun getting this old clunker up to the top of this rocky ridge. That was a 25 mile...
It’s been a week since I touched this project. No biggie. Today I was able to get the rest of my lateral braces cut and secured on the back of the...
I agree, nature is fascinating. :yes: This is the first year that I gathered acorns in the fall and planted them on purpose. They’re in pots...
49 overcast/drizzling for most of the day. Stove is rolling again with silver maple shorties and one barkless elm skinny. [ATTACH]
:thumbs: I see hedge and apple… but no hedge apples to plant your own at home? ;)
Wild plum?
I started a few black locust indoors last month and it’s doing well. Next week I’ll start hardening them off with my tomatoes and peppers, slowly...
My pure American chestnuts are starting to break the surface. So far I counted 15 that have popped, which is about half of the germinated nuts I...
Paperbark maple?