But it's HIGHLY VALUABLE! Probably fetch somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000/bf. A single stick of kindling could get your kid's college fund...
That’s got to be the straightest mulberry I’ve ever seen. Around here they grow twisted and gnarled, with branches forking off every which way....
I see Sid in the Rorschach test [ATTACH]
I know cottonwood has been milled before by somebody out there. Probably just a boring looking grain. I’ll bet it takes paint or stain well though.
I have to laugh when I’m in Home Depot passing by the poplar boards. They sell for a small fortune. Those trees do make good lumber for the right...
Funny that’s exactly what happened to me too. I saw a spot alongside route 9 with a couple blowdowns. Marshy area, cattails and tall grass. Elms...
FWIW I don’t think your customers will notice a difference burning cottonwood vs. tulip poplar. At least I didn’t notice a difference. If anything...
I’ve only “scored” cottonwood once, right after Isaias and burned it the following spring. So for me 7 months did the trick.
The “berries” are actually catkins like oaks have. Also the serrated leaves are typical of cottonwood.
Cottonwood
That's awesome, good for you and best wishes! It sounds to me like the right move (I can 100% relate to the "cement sarcophagus" analogy of...
If you happen to be outside tonight and hear Slayer blasting from a passing vehicle, and catch the back end of a white Ford pickup hauling @$$...
It was about 80 earlier but since dropped to a very comfortable 72. I just put my pool up for the season and it’s filling now :thumbs: It’s worth...
That’s not a horrible deal then, if you don’t mind taking on that much shoulder wood in one shot. They chip the limbs and leave you logs to work...
Either way, that would be a lot of work for middle of the road firewood IMHO. I took cottonwood once and would take it again in small quantities,...
The only common trees I know of with vaguely heart-shaped leaves are cottonwood, linden (basswood) and bigtooth/quaking aspen. I don’t see aspen...
Well there’s 7 months wasted. The 4 I had in pots below got eaten by squirrels today. This one on my deck is my last black walnut tree and now I...
Thanks for sharing. As someone with 8 chickens it is mildly concerning. Just one more thing to be aware of I guess. Hopefully it runs its course...
Our dear friend buZZsaw BRAD doesn't know it yet either, but an MS660 is in his future. He's going to make the mistake of browsing in the OPE...
They're going to have to change their slogan. "ARBY'S. WE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE THE MEATS!"