I got dozens of swamp white oak acorns in the fall from a coworker. Come springtime I had a bunch growing in pots until one day when the squirrels...
It’s been nice and cool all weekend here, and my splitter is loaned out at the moment, so out came the Sotz monster maul. There were a couple...
Congratulations and best wishes on the next chapter in your career. The COLA and bonuses are a great perk to have, especially in these uncertain...
My motorcycle is registered in Vermont. Reason being, I didn’t have all the required documentation when I bought it to register it in CT. Long...
The back parking lot behind the Dollar General at the end of my street is carpeted in this stuff right now. That area at the bottom of the hill...
I’m only considering it as an experiment in natural seed dispersal. I tried the same thing in the winter with thousands of boxelder seeds (you...
Should I? :) [ATTACH]
I went back but only took a few pieces. The arborist was there and said the homeowner’s son was coming by to pick through it, and suggested I come...
LOL yeah it was a long day yesterday, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't get up at 4:30 this morning with sugar maple on the brain :loco:...
Another winning score buZZsaw BRAD Fresh cut live black birch is some heavy stuff to work with and a heavy hitter later on in the stove. That...
Progressing nicely so far. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
On the way back from the grocery store I spotted an arborist taking down a sugar maple in a front yard, and his two teenage helpers stacking...
The black gum trees that I've seen in the wild have a very distinct branching structure. They come out from the trunk at almost perfectly...
:whistle:
My lone black walnut that got chomped by squirrels is making another attempt at survival by pushing out new leaves from the butchered stem....
I wonder if that’s a cucumber magnolia? I think TurboDiesel might know better than I would.
That white walnut is something to see. I’ll bet it could be a CT state champion. I’ve never seen one in person. You’re right about the TOH, and...
Burning what could otherwise be eaten is part of the plan. The scoffers will scoff at that statement until later this year when people are going...
Mountain Ash
There are plenty of different beetle species that feed on the cambium layer under the bark. You'll find tracks on elm, spruce, pine, etc.