Yes of course there will need to be something done with the floor. The counter is a pinsula wthe the stove in it. I have thought about hacking off...
[ATTACH] Here is my vacant hearth. When my folks redid the kitchen they removed the old Ashley barrel stove, mom didn’t like the mess and it was...
This is one issue that is overlooked by many. I’ll let my ashes sit in a metal bucket with secure lid for a week before I dump it. Even then I...
I think it will work great for you. I was telling the wife I was gonna start looking for a stove for the garage. She rolled her eyes and said “you...
Sweet. I don’t think that it will hurt anything but I not an expert. If it were me I’d have them weld a baffle in when they cut the hole in the...
Yes that’s what I’m thinking. Really shouldn’t need heat in the basement unless the power goes out. I guess that’s what the generator is for.
Ya, we have a a pretty efficient oil boiler so it’s warm in the house. Mama is doing a lot for the family right now so I can’t be upset. Tho I do...
Hopefully not. Just curious what are you thinking will catch fire? I know things happen but if your house is on fire get the f out!
Grrr.. just got home from an 11 hour shift and I immediately hear the oak on my boiler sucking air. Ok, maybe someone is in the shower? A load of...
3 cord in a BK in West Virginia!? Thought they only burn like a cord a year. Kidding... your set up is sweet!
[ATTACH] Ha. My garage is so full of um stuff we park our cars out in the snow! :picard:
Could always stick single wall out an open window. Kidding. I have a smilar garage I’d like to heat. I’m thinking a wood stove would be good...
Looking good!
I had a guy tell me that if You call your homeowners insurance and tell them that you have a tree like that they will contribute to the cost off...
[ATTACH] I think the pic says it all.
[ATTACH] Saw this on CL today. :rofl: :lol:
Ah so flatlander just means you weren’t born in Maine that makes sense . I guess. Can you be a Mainer and a flatlander like say some of the...
I scored some free winterforce snow tires from a co worker who turned in his lease car. Gonna mount them on the buggy this morning then try to get...
You should have no problem moving the stove with a dolly might want to bring some boards to make up the space under the legs to keep it up. You...
Slept in this morning. Stuffed the beast with maple birch and a couple oak splits. 26 with a little snow forecasted today. Have a great weekend folks.