Eastern red can be buried for decades and not rot. Western red cedar good for siding and roofing. Its not ideal for ground exposure. I've built...
Ive done the same but on a 32' ladder. I think it was with my 290 though. Crazy SOB's we are! :loco: :crazy:
Yes RS is full chisel faster cutting chain. Love running my 400 and has become my go to saw. Feel better soon and post pics when you are able to...
I had thought of doing that myself with BL. I get lots of "great" ideas but seldom follow through with them.
That's a big cedar. I see mill logs. Good job getting it down safely. :thumbs:
Be careful up there my friend. Don't want you getting hurt on my account.
Its happy hour somewhere! :drunk: :rofl: :lol:
Thanks Doug! :handshake: You are in a league all your own down there.
Nice! I like the color. Jealous of the tailgate though! :thumbs: Cant wait to see it full of wood.
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I had thought of it years ago when I had unsplittable rounds...gnarly, elm etc
Impressive stack. We need a pic of you on top. The kid in me wants to play king of the mountain...FHC style.
I thought the same. Kinda feel bad for them.
Ok makes sense now.
Black locust. It gets those bizarre shapes at stump/ground level. Plus the bark and color of the wood say BL to me.
I notice a difference pain wise when I wear mine. Five years ago when I hurt my back I wore it everyday for over a year. Dunno if it helps with...
Im confused??? :confused: PM me
It could be worse Jason. I could be scrounging truck fulls of....elm!:eek:
:rofl: :lol: :salute: If it dried in a year I'd take it. That particular tree was on a steep hill which also shied me away more.
Sounds like a plan. Please post pics when you do. I have a bunch of framing lumber scraps and a bunch of cedar that I'd like to sell the same way.
I would put this chunk aside and dry it. Put it in your fire pit, pour some lighter fluid on it, ignite and enjoy. Call it your revenge for...