Can't beat turkey stock. We only have turkey at Thanksgiving, so getting the carcass from the MIL is a treat. I have a few quarts already frozen...
I am really into re-purposing hardware and wooden furniture. I've used a base coat of flat black paint and a light coat of Mohawk brand tone...
Good times. I almost went out Saturday, but the rain put a damper on things.
Needs more rust. Re-purposing is a good thing.
Nice little stove and not a bad looker at all. Nice secondary action too. I like the bake oven on top. Brian, does the door have a gasket? It...
Second try at Rappie pie with some cornbread and a nice ale. I put the carrots, celery and onion from the chicken stock back in the pie before...
http://www.rockler.com/pock-it-hole-clamp-with-quick-release I've had the adjacent piece move on me before. I like to make a mark across the...
Looks like a good plan. Is the back portion going to be tilted back a little for comfort? Does the mill let you set the depth of the cut for a...
Do you stack the soft maple separately for shoulder season?
Right. Oak ply for the shelves, oak nosing for the front edges. The top is edge joined, salvaged from an antique quarter sawn dining room table...
When I had my flex liner shipped a few years ago, they sent me the wrong size stainless "T". I called to return it and they sent the correct...
I have it and really like it for making tight joints. I used to travel a few towns away to get screws and the wood plugs. Now the local hardware...
Visiting friends and neighbors whose thermostats are set at 65 degrees is enough motivation for me, a mere scrounger. My family has had...
Supposed to go on sale next week. I don't know how far it will be distributed.
Speaking of beer, I just read that their belgian ale should be out in a little bit. I am looking forward to trying this. http://spencerbrewery.com/
No worries here. I always carry a pocketknife on me in case. I will have to shelf this scenario in my mind so that I am prepared should it happen.o_O
I made the tamper out of a 1" round dowel and epoxied on a small plastic lid that was just a little smaller than the tube diameter. Short money...
I used paper towel rolls to make firestarters. I melted parrafin wax on the electric outdoor grill, added various bits of sawdust and wood...
Am I imagining things or did they just start naming winter storms like they would a tropical storm. The storm we had last week was I believe...
Nice! I like that it does not have open combustion. I've been thinking of adding a zone to my boiler to go to a toekick heater or some other...