sure does. Kinda hit or miss with BL. Id say one in three ways rot in the base of the trunk. Occasional voids with the same too. Dead BL is...
[ATTACH] What were you expecting?:D My 3 YO step granddaughter Lucy grabbed my cap and put it on tonight. Oh and this is not Baby Bird to those...
I would buy a gallon as needed years back and gradually would buy the TSC brand especially when on sale. Same issue here during COVID....
In my early days as a FHC I would post new threads until I realized it was easier to add a post onto the thread it was associated with. I have...
Nice find Thom! :thumbs: Yeah I've encountered the same with cherry and cutting "compost" inside trees. Frozen "dirt" in black locust is the...
Nice of the neighbor to think of you. Gotta love easy grab score. Split up nice too. Is it easy to split wood Cash?
PITA when that happens. I'm good at working around a problem myself rather than fixing it. You should be in the market for getting a saw ported...
Thats a biggun for sure. Gonna keep you busy for some time. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. My holy grail score here in CT....
Didnt recognize the spot, just the mulberry limb! :loco: :crazy: :rofl: :lol:
OMG!!! You posted a pic! :faint: Some sweet splits there. :thumbs:
Were you scrounging the mulberry twig? :whistle: Hear them at least monthly here. Watched one on our hill side pecking away at the base of a...
X2 Good advice.
I guess mother nature was trying to tell you something! :D Wood looks to be pretty decent though.
You "need" a conveyor. Just sayin' ;)
Yeah, kinda wish I had a chance to watch it at work. I've watched the telescoping versions before as it topped big trees in one cut.
We have yet to see one, but the neighbor in the efficiency has had one at his feeder. The woodpeckers stop to drink the sugar water all the time....
I had seen one maybe 2-3 in my life until a few years ago when one showed up at our feeder and have returned faithfully every Spring. Its...
Male (left) and female rose breasted grossbeaks or RBG's as we call them. Zoomed pics [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Im definitely not gonna try and hand split it! :hair:
It is fun watching the "loaves" come out the end. Like I've said in the past if I had more room i'd take more oak.