028 cut until it ran out of gas. Chain was a bit too dull so the 400 finished the job. I never put the 16" bar on and used the 18. Realized it...
First time back here to cut since last year and it was Friday! State came through and clear cut along highway in back and took all the blowovers....
I don't see it as BL. I've cut fresh trees that size and the bark on yours isn't quite a match. I'm thinking mulberry as well. Try wolverines...
:popcorn:
Thats one gnarly SOB! The limb wood is sweet though. I'd suggest bringing lots of extra chains if you're to noodle that trunk. Hope you get...
Actually split straight for the most part, but had some cool weird wavy grain that was mostly from healed over wounds and knots. Yeah those...
Maybe I'm just turning into a pansy being an old fart, but it seems the rounds i section are getting smaller and smaller in recent times. Unless...
Thanks Mike. :handshake: You were the member I was thinking of.
Nope, not lifting 17" rounds in one piece. I'd be halving or thirding them. Try the Isocore since those split so easily. Save your back my friend.
Mine take a beating too. No current scabs but lots of scars. Ms. buZZsaw always comments as I wear sweat shorts all the time inside. There's a...
Same here. I remember selling my first half cord of mulberry thinking I'll never see more, but time, persistence and some luck and I replaced it....
Heaping load of tulip poplar[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
You sold your mulberry??? :faint:
Cut a little at one of my honey holes yesterday. [ATTACH] REALLY slacking on the BL harvest. With work, weather and other scores I haven't been...
Gotcha. I know there is a couple numerical models that can be Stihl or Husky. 261 comes to mind and I believe there is another or two.
Is that really a magnum or did you borrow that sticker from a Stihl?
Glad it turned out well in the end. Pretty impressive cutting for a 251. :thumbs:
Discovered this today. Two front stacks had "warped" so bad from uneven drying they toppled. It gets good sun and wind on that side and it has...
Mebbe I'll throw the 16" bar on it vs the 18" on there now. Cutting more dead BL tomorrow, just in a different honey hole! ;) :whistle:
X2