That looks great. How did the dough work out on this one?
Great pictures as always. Thanks for sharing your slice of the world.
I'd like to see how it works out for you. I may try a few of these pallet gardens this year. We too, are tight on space. There are quite a few...
That'll buff right out.
Wow, that water is moving along. We had more wind damage at work in the last 24 hours that we did all this past winter.
Woods...the gift that keeps on giving!
Yah, real awesome. I tried explaining this picture to the wife. Wimmin, they just don't get it. I don't question her number of shoes.
Finished the splitting today. My neighbor rented a splitter and spent a half day on the rounds. Some were pretty gnarly. The pile looks like...
I looked at that trunk for days after it was cut and swore that it would not get the best of me.
I saved some chunks from the base where it was leaning and the grain is rippled. There must be incredible pressure at that point. Our...
Good work. The work today kicked my backside too but the weather was great. I just slugged down some home made hard cider up at the neighbors...
Glad you got to it. It is a good thing that it is still a dry, low humidity time of year. Extract water and set fans and a dehumidifier.
Makes me want a bigger saw just looking at that. That is a wicked pile.
Where there is a will, there is a way. Each chunk turned into 5-6 splits so far. Taking a break.
I don't have a splitter or a large saw, so I attacked the Norway maple trunk with the 025 cross cutting down as far as I could go. I started...
They are strutting everywhere now up this way. Co-worker is getting ready to get out soon. They are in the roads all the time around here.
C'mon fess up. Who is it? There is no shame in that haul.
Avatar name change?
Nice to get stock that large pretty much for free. Good job. Have you every quartersawn oak in that size?
If this is one of you... [IMG]