Oh it will burn but how well is the question.
Makes no sense to me as 18% wood should not sizzle, sizzling usually starts at about 28 to 30%. Dont care how you burn it.
Well I am cutting some live White Ash now and I can try some branches in my fire pit just to see if you guys are pulling my leg.:D
I ment live trees, well aware that dead standing might be of lower moisture content and much easier to burn. It sounded like some people in this...
I highly doubt that, could it be from some surface moisture it picked up, other wise you are still getting readings that are not correct.
I cant imagine burning Ash right off the stump, maybe after you get some coals it would work but I start a lot of fires in the winter and 35% wood...
Nice looking stove.
I had a Summit that I had no luck with what so ever, the IS is probably more versatile then the Summit. The coal build is normal for a EPA stove...
I agree Lumber -Jack, its sorrta like woodheat.org saying you dont need to use thermometers on your stove and flue because people get hung up on...
I start my fires (from cold) Lincoln Log style and even a small fire will get plenty hot. I was going to cut all my wood to one length but I like...
Cute, I ment how do you lay the splits silly.
If you have dry wood and a Not sure why that is, I can build a small fire and get high temps if I want to. How do you build a small fire?
The numbers are one thing but people's perception is another.
I start my stove with the door open and the bypass open but not for long as the temp zoomies up in a hurry, I close the by pass first and then a...
Well if it has a shielded or sealed bearing there would be no where for the oil to go and it would make a mess, bushings or an open bearing would...
The ones I had all had oil holes in them, you may have a better unit that does not need oiling, maybe it has a sealed or shielded bearing in it?
My beloved Bur Oak did not even have made the list.
Yea thats a little low for sure, one of the big believers in the BKK made the comment that the low flue temps of his stove led to buildup. You can...
I missed it also.
Weird list to say the least, Boxelder at 18 and Black Birch at 23 is just wrong. I assume its because many of the woods are more available to us...