I thought geothermal was cheap to use after the initial large outlay of money?
"Traditional" drying means different things to different people as has been discussed many times before, after reading a lot of articles on drying...
I've go a nice sunny spot for some green White Ash I just cut and split and plan on tracking its drying this summer for fun, will be interesting....
Exactly what I am getting at, with the wood close like that the air circulation is reduced so top covering is necessary compared to single rows.
So single rows do not work in all areas?
Why, if you stack in cubes or multiple rows then top cover is important due to the lack of air movement, single rows have much more air movement...
Having it wrapped tight like that with only weep holes is going to raise the humidity also, so no air movement and high humidity to boot, I think...
I guess there would be a happy medium, I live in NW Iowa and summers here are plenty hot so loss of heat would not be a problem, through the...
"At a constant temperature and relative humidity, the highest possible drying rate is obtained by rapid circulation of air across the surface of...
BWS has his stacks covered because they are cubes.
You think that's enough, cant argue with results but heat brings the moisture to the surface and the air movement takes it away.
Sooooooooooooo is there a way for the moisture to escape?
Single rows do not need to be covered when seasoning (think about it just not needed on single rows) but if you stack in cubes or multiple rows...
Wow this thread burst into a cluster of broken fragments.
I would send the stove back on the 6 month return policy in a heart beat, then order a new one and be done with it.
It's funny you say that, fireplaces (and some stoves with out air controls) are EPA exempt due to the large amount of air feeding the fire...
Never have heard any one call a fireplace a "smoke dragon", usually a term reserved for a pre EPA stove.
I see, yea fire place bad news, firewood eating biiiitch.
Can you blame him? Sounds yummy.
Why is that, I ran a older stove for 30 years or so and have it in my shop now and it works well, I know some of the older stoves were made poorly...