Never had any trouble stacking it against trees, I have several I have been using for quite a while.
Here in Iowa wood does not usually get that dark until the second year of seasoning, it will stay fairly light colored the first year. This can...
Good way to get into trouble, M80's have been put into firewood also but not a good idea.
I guess that depends on what other woods are available to you, not a big fan of either Box Elder or Silver Maple. Never burnt Norway Maple but it...
Exactly, you should not have creosote running down your stove pipe no matter what, that's a good way to burn your house down. Many people with cat...
Another good way to lower BP is get a divorce. :D
I usually dont split green elm, its not so stringy and splits better after some of the moisture is gone.
Dont see too many buildings like that any more, love the idea of making a firewood shed out of firewood. Really nice shed and workmanship.
You get enough punks together and it will be contagious.:) Oh yea the wood will be fine as long as its not allowed to stay wet for any length of...
Cold starting a stove with Oak is no picnic either, much better woods for that. Wisconsin for me also.
LOL I am well aware of that. The wood is so close to White Oak some times its sold as White Oak to cabinet makers.
"Most softwood lumber kilns operate below 240 °F (116 °C) temperature. Hardwood lumber kiln drying schedules typically keep the dry bulb...
I am a Bur Oak guy but if I had a choice I guess I would take the BL.
Thats what I have found over the years, if the wood is getting direct sun it will dry out in a very short time, if in the shade a little it may...
With all this whining about drying times the clear winner will be Black Locust due to the low moisture content and high quality of wood, maybe it...
LOL I was just wondering how hot it was compared to the temps of controlled kilns.
Sorry if I missed it but do you know the temp inside the plastic?
I will add that top covering is not needed on single rows and single rows will allow more air circulation around the wood, plus (if you can) a...
Yes it is.
I found a home for my Mach III, a friend of mine is going to trade work for it, this will be the third bike I have gave him for trade (two dirt...