Yes it is considered a compact but I think they make a smaller version dont they? Edit-Looks like they discontinued the smaller one, the Rami.
I have seen pine lumber lay outside for years not rot but that was because sun and wind dried it out after it was wet.
Like I said here in Iowa the rain does not come straight down very often so top covering would be pointless, never had wood rot stacked outside,...
bogy, with all due respect top covering single rows here in Iowa serves no purpose what so ever, our rain rarely comes straight down so the stacks...
Even as a joke I am not sure why any one would suggest putting something explosive in firewood, for one thing the possible injury does not do...
Yea mine is a 75P-01 and the mag is 14.
The confusing thing is many claim it takes that long for almost all the woods to dry.
Oh I get it now.
What does that mean, his post stated hardwoods.
A lot of variables come into play, where you live, how you stack it can make a difference, some who report long drying times (4 year oak better...
According to the charts I should be able to get mine lower then the 15% but a lot of variables involved plus what time of year it is.
Not my write up Eric, its from John on woodheat.org
"Properly seasoned firewood still has a fair amount of water in it, say 15 to 20 percent of its weight. That water regulates the combustion...
Many posts over the years about that but some seem to refuse the information.
Wont happen here, can you get it that dry in Illinois, about 15% or so is the lowest I have seen.
I have one just like it more or less, mag holds 14 rounds I believe.
10 years or so ago a teen (I believe) was killed camping in a tent under a Silver Maple, 3 people in the tent and the other 2 were not injured at all.
Its good wood but I question the BTU rating, burn some every year and dont think it deserves the high rating, for some reason it gets really lite...
"Popcorn fart dry wood"? How dry is that, dont forget wood gets so dry and then its done no matter how long it sits.
Works that way in Texas but not every where, do you remember the one person who shot a person doing a repo on his vehicle and was not found...