Can you please say what you mean instead of being so vague, do you cover your wood during seasoning or not, your past posts would indicate that...
Not sure you are on the same page as I, wood dries mostly from the ends but when split the ratio changes but still drys more from the ends so...
It would be nice to let it rest when I just point out what works for me and give information to back it up!:headbang:
I'm missing something, I thought your wood was covered all the time.
Did you read the post BWS , he said it is not needed and it was just a theory. That is from John G. at woodheat.org. Not sure what you are saying...
Not to be a fuddy duddy but people have been doing this for a long time, plenty of info on the net for results and the way they were built.
That is not my comment, it's from John G. on woodheat.org I never insinuated any one is lacking in common sense I just made the statement that...
Not by me!:yes:
Just so we are on the same page, you guys are talking about during the seasoning period correct, I cover mine after seasoning if used that winter....
From another guy who is full of crap I guess, you guys are really really funny. "The theory behind covering the wood is that it will dry faster...
And my results are different and I have told you that so not sure what your point is, many people report they do not need to top cover besides me,...
Sometimes I have to hate myself.:hair:
I agree, I see a lot of younger people wasting money on really stupid things that they have no business buying.
Sounds like where I'm at, two pensions and one is a good one for only 15 years with GE but not getting rich here either, only a few cheap hobbies...
With my single rows I seem to have quicker drying times then many that post on here so not sure what your point is. I always end up with wood that...
Oh now I get it, you only burn Oak when its cold out so it would be Burr Oak.:D
I only live about 6o miles from the OP and all the Oak we have here is Bur Oak with one r.
http://forestry.about.com/od/hardwoods/tp/Quercus_macrocarpa.htm Spelled with one r!
That's one reason I say what works for me in my area, I had one guy tell me I was full of crap when I said most of or snow fall came down side...
You guys are funny, did you read my posts, I said I would have to have a long overhang to keep the wood dry, the simple little top covering in the...