Believe me I have done it all, new stove is a runt compared to my old one and not as user friendly. New stoves are known for coaling issues when...
Butcher, I now know exactly what you are talking about and I go through the same thing when it gets bitterly cold and south winds in particular, I...
A lot of good common sense tips for the new person to wood burning there, I like how he stresses what works for some might not work for all. More...
I guess some peoples expectations of Oak were (are) too high, its one of the best woods we have here but no means "the best of the best".
"How do I attack this tree?" [ATTACH]
[IMG]
The magnetic ones for single wall pipe are more then good enough for our needs as long as you have an accurate one which can be a problem with...
Do you have horses?:D
Beech is not really all that much higher then Oak and White Ash, I have found when the BTU's are close on the chart its hard to tell a whole lot...
Nothing wrong with heating from the basement unless you cant get the heat upstairs which many people complain about.
4 years, no way does it take that long here.
OK, your stove is not big enough. You heat from the basement???
You want the short answer for that?
That's a tough crowd there. As far as middle class goes we are mostly whale crap any more.
Would love to do a side by side bun test with some of the members here and many of the different woods.
I use Silver Maple also but not in the dead of the winter on a "Three Dog Night". LOL
I like to do side by side tests in my stove and the White Ash (not Green) will hold it own with Bur Oak and blow Mulberry out of the water. Some...
I was lost for a minute but I get it now. LOL
I would disagree with that, White Ash is rated right below some of the Oaks and its very close in burn times and heat out put in my stove, Green...
Interesting thread, been burning a lot of Bur Oak for over 30 years and for me its great stuff, burns hot and long, sure you can get a hot fire...