Eggzactly
Yup. Split down in the hole and walk/toss chunks up the slope.
Good question. I'd like to say I would, but, who knows for sure.
They probably would have fit. Putting the chain around and lifting with the bucket saved me from rolling them in uphill and wallowing further in...
I heard a rumor that Horkn shaved. :whistle:
BTW - it's good to see you having time lately, to post to your site!!!! :banana:
Thanks, but I gots lots of other wood to split, before attacking the elm. I'm happy to let it rest. I'll try splitting a piece if'n I get...
I've hand split white oak and hickory. Neither throws the x27 head back at me like fresh elm does. I'll see if it gets better in a few years.
Good to know. I was wondering how long before the bark loosens on the small stack of rounds I have :yes:
Welcome to the club!
I have a stack of rounds that are elm. It was from a fresh cut tree. [ATTACH] The rounds are out of the way. Once the bark begins to loosen,...
That's what's happening with me. Friends and family call me when there's a blowdown or need a problem tree removed. I haven't had to buy wood...
Good morning, everyone. Just above freezing, overcast, and showery. Freezing rain up Midwinter's way. I'll be running a few errands today,...
I'll start by cutting most rounds to stove length. I'll then split into halves or quarters. That area is accessible to drive right up to. So...
Timmer, are you out there? :binoculars:
I have alot of red oak, and a bit of white oak. I love the smell when cutting white oak. And, I'm no whiskey or bourbon drinker.
You can do it. I was just over 60 when I made it to the 3yr plan. Hand splitting. The secret to getting there and staying there, is to have...
:thumbs:
Just avoid the red dress thread when they peek over your shoulder. :whistle:
Standing dead wood takes up less space. You know where it is when the time is right!